Waterville Public Library
"A healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is living." ~Rudolf Steiner
- Alfond Youth Center A place for kids to go. Provides a variety of fitness/activity programming, youth sports, swimming, camps, afterschool programs, AdventurePlayland and more.
- Hardy Girls Healthy Women A national, research-based non-profit organization educating adults in strength-based approaches to working with girls and empowering girls with knowledge, critical thinking skills, and a platform to drive social change. The organizations' vision is to ensure that all girls and women experience equality, independence, and safety in their everyday lives.
- Kennebec Valley Community Action Program Offers a range of services for men, women, and children. These include Family Planning; home ownership, repair and weatherization services,heating assistance; transportation; and a teen center. Provides family support through home visitation programs for first time parents, parenting classes, childcare and Head Start. Many of these programs are available to people of all income levels.
- Kennebec/Somerset Transition Team Resource Guide (pdf) Offers a WEALTH of entries for service options and/or contact information for the following areas: consumer information, business development, children & family services, clothing & household goods, domestic violence, education (adult education & local colleges), education services, employment & training services, financial information & assistance, food & nutrition, general assistance, health services, housing & shelter, legal services, Maine's congressional delegation, Maine legislators, mental health/substance abuse services, seniors, transportations, utilities, veterans services, and state CAP agencies.
- Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce Recognized and respected by business and political leaders and by the community as the leader in economic development and business promotion in this region; the Mid-Maine Chamber is known as the primary advocate on issues affecting large and small businesses in support of a healthy economy and lifestyle; and is a leader in the efforts to promote regionalization by facilitating collaboration between and among municipalities and businesses.
- REM REMnet is a network of volunteers working to improve the quality of life in our community. REM is a nonproft 501(c)(3) organization supporting the people of REMnet.
- Spectrum Generations Spectrum Generations, the Central Maine Area Agency on Aging, has been a leading provider of information and advice, referrals, programs and activities for adults for over 30 years.
- Waterville Main Street Advances efforts to develop the Downtown area into a thriving, energetic, commercial, social, cultural and entertainment destination.
Copyright 2017 Waterville Public Library. All rights reserved.
Web Design by Mark Nakamura
/ Web Development by Ben Greeley